Sunday, May 6, 2007

Syrup-Hair Baby (or why we had to go to the nursery on Sunday....)


I know there are a lot of stories out there (and really funny stories...) about how the day never just quite went the way you wanted it to b/c the baby(s) got into the house paint or clogged-up the toilet or put vasoline in all their shoes or dug-up the house plant and then ate the dirt or or or...(see, I, too, have been around the block...).

No, this was simpler but still a pain in the...and it's all Colleen's fault. My girls were happily eating waffles with syrup and I was happily talking to Col on the phone. And because she was telling me a good story, I did not realize I left the Aunt Jemima syrup on the table next to Sammi...again, Col's fault, not mine. So I also did not realize that Sammi was proceeding to dump half the contents of syrup on her hair..and the high-chair..and the back of the dog's back..and the plant...and the space between the sliding glass door and the screen door...and, oh my gosh--who's know's where else.

No, Ed, I did not get my mailbox island planted with all the really cool perennials b/c we never got to the nursery b/c the dog has syrup on his back that Nicki is trying valiantly--and succeeding... to lick off.....So, don't ask me again why we have to go together to the nursery on Sunday...."


2 comments:

crazylady said...

Oh gee, that just can't be good. That will require a couple washings at least. Right up there with Vaseline, which I have discovered takes at least 3 washings to remove.
:o) Always something to keep you moving!
Sen.

insanemommy said...

Dang. Some days are just a little harder than others. Just when I think I have it figured out they go and do something that makes me go "whoa".

Rony