Saturday, September 6, 2008

Of Birthdays, Bikes, and Bits of Bliss

Oh my.....Sammi and Nicki turned 3yrs old last week on August 27th. The days and weeks and months...and oh my goodness, the years....are flying past. I know, I know...everyone always told me this would happen....that time just flies by as you watch your children grow-up...but I never expected it to fly by at warp-speed!
I have to say that for my situation, I'm glad and really content to be an older Mom. I'm glad to have a good bit of the "What's "it" all about?" and "What am I seeking?" behind me. I'm glad we are financially stable...we sure have worked hard for it. I'm glad (and quite grateful) to have 20+ years of a solid marriage to my best friend as my foundation for...well, pretty-much for everything. I'm glad Ed and I have played so hard (still lots of 'playing' left but a different kind) and have had so many adventures and..well, have had the chance to "sow-our-oats" because I am so content being right where I am today...an older 'in my late gulp 40s" Mom with two little ones....Jeez, life has changed a lot in less than 2 years!


Sammi and Nicki are doing great...talking up a storm....telling stories, talking non-oh-my-goodness-stop, and they are simply thriving. How lucky-lucky Ed and I are to have these 2 little elves in our family. Sure doesn't mean it's not hard sometimes and that I don't love my breaks away....but, good-grief times are good right now.

Party at da preschool....


They are finally beginning to figure out how to pedal...



Ok...here's where the WORM pictures start...yuckky....I'm such a nature outdoors kinda girl....in a big-way...minus worms and snakes and things that slither along....but the girls LOVE them....

For cyring-out-loud, they are running all over the yard with these worms!!
Screen-porch picnic with Alice's neice, Althea


Dollhouse present from Cathy and Robbie!



And last but not least, a great picture of Buddy-Dog....


Hugs,
Cindy

6 comments:

k1 said...

Their birthday was the day before mine......several years later!

They just keep getting more beautiful. Love their hairstyles.

Don't worry about your age... these two will keep you young.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Girls...
They are soooo beautiful...
LOVE their hair.. it is sooo pretty....
Sounds like everything is going well.. and the girls are tooo cute running around with worms...
Love it.
Love Buddy-dog.. he is tooo cute..
Have a Great Week.
Hugs to you.
Thanks for the update..

Truly Blessed said...

Well, I missed the big birthday, so sorry, but heartfelt belated wishes to your special little girls. What precious beauties they are... I love that you love being their mom!

As an "older" mom myself, I get all kinds of comments from folks with kids the ages of my boys wondering what in the world we were thinking to adopt not only one, but two little ones -- so sad that they'll never understand the joy these girls bring on an hourly basis, and I wouldn't trade my crazy (less than tidy!) house for anything. When your 17 1/2 year old senior in high school son makes a special trip into the girls room to snuggle with them before bed and the girls run to give him kisses, it just melts the heart.

Life is great, children are, indeed, a gift from the Lord!

Oh yeah, earthworms are gross -- not sure what I'll do when and if Katie and Ella want to start carrying them around!

Dianne said...

Cindy,

What bliss! Too cute seeing them run around with their worms, always such great smiles! They are adorable. Happy 3rd B-day girls.

I agree, 40's are fabulous with little ones!

So sorry to read about your loss. What a touching tribute.

Amyesq said...

Just wow. They look so happy. And so beautiful! Even with the worms - good for them! At their age I apparently had a penchant for snails.

I love all the photos of them playing and their dollhouse - what a cool gift! Happy birthday sweet girls!

insanemommy said...

Worms?! Oh no. I don't have to worry about that with my two. They are scared to death of bugs or anything squishy.... Happy Birthday Sammy and Nicki. I will see you in a couple of weeks.

Sorry I didn't call this weekend. Sweet thing was in the ER all day Friday.....more on that later...

Hugs...