Tuesday, February 23, 2010

“They Make My Knees Go Wobbly”

I’d be just fine if my little four year old twins could just stay four years old for another four years. Anybody know any tricks here to get them to not grow-up? Sigh..... I can’t say they are toddlers….haven’t been able to for ages now…..and they aren’t. They look and act like cute little girls. They are articulate. They tell long drawn-out stories and draw pictures to go along with their stories. They dress totally by themselves, they clean their room, they are polite to each other even if I am out of earshot. We went to a rather nice restaurant and Nicki said to the waitress, “May I please have some chocolate milk?” without me having to prompt her and when it came to our table, she remarked, “Oh, thank you so much. It looks lovely” (I say that all the time…..)……I had to (and I am serious) go to the loo and cry a bit as they are not babies any longer……

In fact, they are thriving, fun, mostly sweet, they adore each other, and…..they makes my knees go wobbly….You know what I mean…?

feb2010 download 097

feb2010 download 089

feb2010 download 166 feb2010 download 168

2 comments:

Kim said...

They grow up sooo fast..
They are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL.
Hugs..

Truly Blessed said...

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

And no, I haven't found a way to keep them from growing up. My oldest is away at college, sick sick and there is nothing I can do for him... I would like for him to come home, but he says he's going to be fine.

Katie often says to me, "I'm growing up so fast..." and she is.