(1) Design the landscaping....um, can't do it....so we had to hire someone (good move on our part...the plan is awesome!! )
(2) Actually do the landscaping...um, so so can't do it....so just hired a crew (thx Reggie and crew!....please please, Reg, come sooner than later...can't you just fit us in NOW?)
(3) Design a screen porch and patio....ditto on (1). Oh and hot tub (for me) and fire-pit thing (for Ed...guy thing/guy thing)
(4) Build the screen porch....we're still in denial here...yes, Ed is an incredible phenom carpenter and a real handy-dandy manly-man and could do all of it by himself but then we'd never see him all summer(s) long....so....I bet (hope) it's a ditto on the crew-people on #2 approach....
(5) Turn the study room space into a playroom....ugh, but then we need to get playroom things...well, we DO have a lot of toy-things but don't I need a really cute theme or something? I mean, what side of the room should the chalkboard go and what about the toy box? What colors? Where's the bookshelf go? (I need to ditto on #1 here.....)
(6) Turn the guest room we don't use into the study b/c it's smaller space....um, then what about the bed? Sell it? Keep it? Put it in the attic?
(7) Turn the "Cindy Room" that was supposed to be "Just-For-Cindy-And-Her-Library-Where-N0-One-Else-Is-Allowed-Unless-Cindy-Deigns-To-Give-Them-Egress" into the guest room/den with a pull-out couch...(oh my...it takes us a long.time.to.select.furniture....)
(8) Put back-splash in the kitchen (Ok, come-on, surely we can manage that, right....???Like on a rainy Sunday afternoon whilst they are napping...) I mean, honestly, how long would that take? Does it matter than we've never tiled before? Can ya just wing it or let the Lowe's guy tell you how to do it while you have 2 squiggly/squirming toddlers in the cart?
(9) I'm stopping here because it's too much to go into double-digits. I'll end with where we normally end.....Just stop everything and go to the playground and play with the girls before they get too big....and hope the Project Fairy shows up and just gets it done for us.....
(10) Oh, yeah, and while we're watching the girls run around, we also sit back and drink a nice bottle of wine and talk about how good everything will look when it's all done....
We spent the day outside yesterday trying to get to our yard projects but mostly playing outside (ok, Ed did outline some "islands" for the landscapers...we girls did the playing....)
Our Aussie, Buddy, is so awesome with the girls. They can basically jump on top of him, roll all over him, and he just takes it all. I actually think Buddy helps me keep an eye on them....the sweet doggie that he is....
Oh, yeah, didn't I start off this post blathering about yard-work galore...well, here are some pics of our yard. Come back and visit in a few months and see what Reggie's landscaping crew has done for us.....! :)
Take Care/Have Fun!!