Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Giggle Doppler Effect


Do you know about the Doppler Effect? You typically learn this basic physics principle as a schoolchild...it's the sound a train or car makes as they whiz by.....neeeeyoooowwnnnn......Higher at first...with second phase accented..then third phase fades away..... Well, I'm here to tell you that we have our very own Giggle Doppler Effect in our house. See, we have a very long catwalk corridor in our house that looks over our great room and ajoins all the rooms upstairs.....The nursery is at one end and the playroom is at the other...and we lock all the rooms (study, bathroom, guest room etc) so they (the girls, of course) only have access to each room on the end of the corridor. So, you got that pictured...? Now, we no longer take "nap time" around here but since I still need/require/demand my Saturday afternoon "chill with glass(es) of wine time, the girls play by themselves during the ye-ol' "nap-time"...and we're talking up to TWO HOURS (yay) of play by themselves (this is when twins are truly easier...).....

Nicki and Sammi will run up and down and up and down ....and up and down....the long hallway accompanied by peals and peals of giggles....and the Doppler Effect is in full throttle....
Truly, their giggles...their giggles that just don't relent....is a truly awesome joyous "knocks-me-outta-my-socks" noise/mayhem each time I hear it.

Here's some pics of the "Oh We So Don't Nap Any Longer" girls...

Nicki: "Who Me, Take a Nap...?....Hah!!"

And Sammi: "Double-Hah...!...Me...Take a Nap...???"

Hugs to All,
Cin

6 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Oh, PLEASE don't tell me Katie will give up her nap in just a few months' time! I just cannot handle that right now! : )

Your girls are, as always, beautiful. Gorgeous!

Kim said...

As long as they are sleeping through the night .. I am sure you are happy with them not taking a nap...
LOVE the pictures..
The girls are soooo adorable..
Have a Great Week..

insanemommy said...

What? They're not taking naps any longer! Oh, no... I would be panic stricken without my quiet time. hahahaha...

Read your personal e-mail. I have some questions(dh has questions) about our "get-away" in the fall....

They are precious and so darn cute Cindy. Dh upstairs as we speak cleaning the carpets. Ahhh, it doesn't get any better than that!

Love you girl.

cougchick said...

Ahhh. There is nothing like the sounds of little giggles to make your soul at peace (and the wine helps).
Thanks for sharing!

insanemommy said...

Hey girl. Good job on the little "avator" thingy!!! I love it.....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.